Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Template
Assured Shorthold Tenancies – Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Template
An Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) is a commonly employed tenancy agreement for the renting out of domestic properties. AST agreements are typically set up for six monthly durations, but they can often be agreed over much longer periods. This kind of tenancy permits a tenant to reside in the property for a fixed term of at least six months. The chief prerequisite with this style of agreement is that a landlord has agreed with their tenant on the fixed term’s duration and rate of rent payable. An AST makes sure that the tenant is safeguarded against changes in rent, which means that a tenant has the entitlement to contest unduly high rents or any other alterations in the established rent. On the other hand; with an AST the landlord has the entitlement for guaranteed repossession after the first 6 months period, in keeping with the Housing Act of 1988.
Shorthold tenancy agreement template for ASTs
Subsequent to the establishment of the AST in 1997, this has become the foremost style of tenancy agreement employed by many landlords when letting out their properties. The Housing Act of 1988 was intended to enhance the rights of landlords and tenants as well as to make property renting more attractive to both parties. Renting is seen by many as a very practical option given the current difficulties in obtaining mortgages, with the AST being the most frequently employed tenancy agreement.
Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Template – AST Repossession.
An AST enables the landlord to seek an order for possession directly following an initial period. Any landlord is consequently legally permitted to ask their tenant to leave after this initial fixed duration without providing any reasons; but landlords are required to give a minimum notice of 2 months to terminate the tenancy, if they do not wish to renew it. Then again, if the landlord and tenant are both satisfied with the arrangements then a further tenancy can be settled over a new fixed period. An assured tenancy is deemed to give a tenant more security; this is because once the arrangement has come to an end, the tenant can stay in the rental property pending the landlord being granted a possession order from a court. The landlord must demonstrate to the court the relevant repossession grounds, for instance, that the provisions of the tenancy agreement have been broken or the tenant has failed to make the rental payments due. The landlord must inform their tenant in writing when they want to gain possession of their property but it is anticipated that a tenant will not vacate any property while waiting for such an order to be sanctioned by a county court. Once a tenant is served with an eviction order, they are then compelled to vacate the property in accordance with the court order.
To conclude, in order to protect themselves against this minefield of housing legislation, landlords are advised to use a legally prepared shorthold tenancy agreement template for their AST.
Next article – Assured Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Download
Links back to this article – Shorthold Tenancy Agreement Template
Incoming search terms:
- short term assured tenancy agreement template
- free shorthold tenancy agreement form
- 6 month shorthold tenancy agreement
- 6 month tenancy agreement
- ast template
- short term tenancy agreement template free uk
- 6 month short term tenancy agreement
- shorthold tenancy agreement free template
- tenancy renewal letter template uk
- free ast template
- short term tenancy agreements
- free short term tenancy agreement form uk
- shorthold tenancy agreement template uk
- six month tenancy agreement free
- short term agreement template
- Short Assured Tenancy Template
- landlords short term tenancy agreement
- tenancy shorthold agreement template
- template short term tenancy agreement
- short term rental agreement template
- short term rent contract template
- tenancy agreement notice letter template
- ending tenancy agreement letter template
- free assured shorthold tenancy agreement template uk
- short leasehold tenancy agreement
- Short Hold Tenancy Agreement Template
- landlord ending tenancy agreement letter template
- Free Short Hold Tenancy Agreement Template
- letter of termination of tenancy agreement
- six month tenancy agreement